DIY on your time: Mason Jar Special Kit by Elizabeth Crafts Designs
Did you miss the Crafter's Home Exclusive workshop taught by Els from Elizabeth Crafts Designs in July? That's ok, you're not alone. I was on vacation during the class - with limited wifi access. But, guess what? There's great news! It's not too late! You can still get a kit, watch the videos, complete the class, AND have access to the private Facebook group.
Seriously you guys! That is exactly what I did this last weekend - on my time. I was able to stop the videos whenever I wanted, go at my own pace, and can still share my work with the other class participants. They are from all over the entire WORLD and have beautiful ideas on how to use these super fun stamps and dies to create albums, cards, and layouts. SO many great tips and techniques from Els herself as well as the other group members.
Some of you know that I am a full-time kinder teacher in my other life so I have some authority when I say, Els is a great teacher! I truly enjoyed following along with her. It was easy and so fun! Check out the video below of Els introducing the special kit.
When you purchase the kit, you will get access to 3 videos: the first is homework for class prep, the second and third are the actual class. In addition to the class videos, you will be able to participate as little or as much as you'd like in the private class group. Again, these crafty people are sharing some AWESOME ideas! Finally, (and my favorite part!) you will get the entire set of Mason Jar album dies and coordinating stamp set as well as the patterned paper you need to complete the class.
You will want to have a few other items on hand. A die-cutting machine of some type is mandatory as you will be using your new dies to participate. You will also want to have:
- a few pieces of plain cardstock in kraft or other coordinating colors of your choice
- a few scraps of black and white cardstock (for snowflakes & penguins)
- Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap (or a brown and a green ink of your choice)
- something sparkly to add to the center of your snowflakes (I used Clear Gem stickers by Honey Bee)
- a little bit of twine to go around the top of the jar on your first page
- tape or liquid adhesive (I used Elizabeth Crafts tape in the 15mm size as well as Lawn Fawn's tape in 1/8", 1/4", and their liquid. You don't need all of these - it's just that the sizes were convenient and I had them. So why not?)
- a pair of scissors for small snips and limited fussy cutting
- a stamping block
- black ink (I used Hero Arts Intensified Black - my favorite!)
- an orange marker (Els uses a Copic marker but any orange marker will do)
- OPTIONAL: Reinforcement Variety Pack dies (set 1 - 1736) are a fun addition to the album. They also work great with the other Planner Essentials die sets.
*all items are available at Whimzees Scrapbook Studio, of course!
The remaining class kits are limited and are first come first served until they run out. You can purchase yours online by CLICKING HERE or by coming into the store and asking for "The Mason Jar Special Kit".
If you decide to take the class, be sure to tag us when you share your project! And, don't forget you can also share your creations in Whimzees' own Facebook Group "Whimzees' Place to Share". I hope you have as much fun as I did!
PS. If you stop by the store, you can see my completed project in person. Tell them Kandi sent you!
PSS. If you want to learn more about the Planner Essentials Dies & Stamps, which are really used more for specialty scrapbooking and journaling than what we think of as planners in the US - (although they can be used as a traditional planner too!), then check out this Facebook Group: ECD Planners and Journaling.
You can also see Els in action on her YouTube channel, Elizabeth Craft Designs, where she introduces the products, creates, and models other fun uses for these very versatile sets.
When you've fallen in love with all the amazing things these dies and stamps can do, come into Whimzees Scrapbook Studio to get yours! Or give us a call today at 503-259-9130.